Dribbling in Soccer and How to Do It
Dribbling is one of the basic techniques of soccer. The following is an explanation of the various Dribbling in Soccer. A soccer player must master the technique of dribbling.
Some footballers who have very good dribbling techniques are Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, and the legend of the Brazilian national team, Ronaldinho.
Definition of Dribbling
Dribbling in Soccer is a movement skill in mastering or processing the ball.
Dribbling movements in soccer games are carried out while moving between positions or exploring the field.
When dribbling, a player will touch or kick the ball which causes the ball to move along the ground.
- The dribbling movement has several objectives, namely as follows.
- Approach the opponent’s goal to create scoring opportunities
- Breaking the opponent’s concentration when strategizing
- Opens up space for other players or teammates so that he can find an advantageous position
- Pass through opponents and avoid tackling.
Types of Dribbling in Soccer Games
There are three kinds of dribbling techniques in soccer, namely dribbling using the inside of the foot, dribbling using the outside of the foot, and dribbling using the back of the foot.
Dribbling using the inside of the foot
- Standing position facing the direction of movement and looking forward
- The position of the supporting foot next to the ball or the foot that will be used for kicking is facing outward
- Push the ball forward using the inside of the foot and follow the direction of the ball by running
- To stop the ball, place the sole of your foot on the top of the ball.
Dribbling using the instep
Dribbling movements using the instep are also almost the same as dribbling movements with the inside and outside of the foot.
The difference lies in the way the ball is dealt. In the dribbling technique using the back of the foot, the touch or touch of the ball is the back of the foot.
For more details, here is how to do instep dribbling in soccer games.
- The initial stance is standing with the left foot in front and the right foot behind
- Body posture leaning forward
- Place the ball in front of the inside of the left foot in line with the right foot
- Kick the ball using the outside of your right foot (instep) slowly so that the ball rolls forward.
Dribbling using the outside of the foot
Basically, the dribbling technique using the outside of the foot is almost the same as the dribbling technique using the inside foot.
However, there is a difference in the movement of touching the ball. The touch of the ball in the dribbling technique using the outside of the foot is done with the outside of the foot.
That’s the tutorial about Dribbling in Soccer and how to do it. Do this exercise regularly with or without a trainer to get maximum results.